Sunday, 26 January 2014

Written piece - Protected

Protected

And here words destroy
Tears begin to stream,
The violent contortion screams
I am breathless, fallen away.

Heart hammering, leave me here.
I take a deep breath, gaining
Nothing I take it apart.
The words and your thoughts,
I knew my love was true;
Was it this time? I held
My head; crying out, desperate.
Your heart broke mine before,
The restless agony broke me.
I felt I would never feel
That way again, the pain,
The endless distress tearing
The resilience all down
Like stripping away my skin.
But your heart means more,
Something else I cannot ignore.
A safety that I can hide inside,
I place to cling tightly onto.
I felt fear slip away again
As you forced me face it;
The terror and the sorrow.
You took my hand softly
And told me that you’d
Never let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment