And hearts were still beating, waiting for the final moment -
One awaited for in a lifetime of longing.
And I stood watching on like a carved statue, looking through her tainted eyes.
The world was not as I remembered it; empty and struggling silence.
Even muffled crying brought no emotion to me.
The breath was still in my lungs, the sweat contained tight in my pores -
Unable to release myself, trapped within the malice I had spawned.
Frozen in my own time zone; a fallen idol to no audience.
The longer my eternity lasted the greater the pressure swelled within.
An overwhelming agony; a wild desperation and fierce desire.
Screams held against my lips, fists clenched against my hips.
Realisation dawning; my strength and hope within me waning.
No freedom through an internal prison cell -
No will to break free from fate entwined in cruel destiny.
No comments:
Post a Comment