Words fall short of meaning.
And what does this mean tragic Dante?
Endless redemption and suffering a martyr’s dreary walk?
I cannot comprehend the tragedy I befall – it extends beyond my understanding.
I can only force a pitiful denial.
And what does this mean tragic Dante?
Endless redemption and suffering a martyr’s dreary walk?
I cannot comprehend the tragedy I befall – it extends beyond my understanding.
I can only force a pitiful denial.
And the air is putrid with its lie,
I taste the fumes with my tongue and hold on tight.
The seductive invention holds me like a coddling embrace,
A mother’s love – ha! – more like the hallowed gleaner’s death grip.
I fall victim to the capture.
I taste the fumes with my tongue and hold on tight.
The seductive invention holds me like a coddling embrace,
A mother’s love – ha! – more like the hallowed gleaner’s death grip.
I fall victim to the capture.
My imprisonment is by a most faithful companion,
One that has accompanied me through many a journey.
But this time my friend is unrelenting, he will not release my body
And he feasts on what is left of my senseless mind.
Devour these miseries my demon!
One that has accompanied me through many a journey.
But this time my friend is unrelenting, he will not release my body
And he feasts on what is left of my senseless mind.
Devour these miseries my demon!
The still winter lake is so entrancing, like it has frozen
all of time.
And she did suspend reality when her sorrowful eyes beheld mine –
They drank me in and drained me of all my feeling and logic.
I could only have felt her golden light, like a scorching torrent.
The only Winter to bring such serene clarity.
And she did suspend reality when her sorrowful eyes beheld mine –
They drank me in and drained me of all my feeling and logic.
I could only have felt her golden light, like a scorching torrent.
The only Winter to bring such serene clarity.
Awakening!
Now like a incurable poison, it transpires a hideous
affliction -
Bested of all my resilience and all endurance to an impassive disease.
I embrace its sinister kiss; the ghostly trances of what ceases to be.
And the rupture that has long since dissolved, and the infection that desists,
Still strikes the ice deep within my heart.
Bested of all my resilience and all endurance to an impassive disease.
I embrace its sinister kiss; the ghostly trances of what ceases to be.
And the rupture that has long since dissolved, and the infection that desists,
Still strikes the ice deep within my heart.
Resistance has long since passed me, I allow my spirit to weaken
and fail -
Beseeching my soul to perish and that the fragments remaining should diminish.
I can no longer find the ground beneath me, it descends far away.
Fingers furl like parchment in flame, the reach finding nothing to touch -
The charred ruins linger in my skin.
Beseeching my soul to perish and that the fragments remaining should diminish.
I can no longer find the ground beneath me, it descends far away.
Fingers furl like parchment in flame, the reach finding nothing to touch -
The charred ruins linger in my skin.
Sunken deep within a carnivorous ocean, the deepest fear rooted in the brain -
I would weep, but the waves have taken over to drown the survivor.
I would weep, but the waves have taken over to drown the survivor.
And she would claim me if she could appear, and this man will submit -
Offering and willing to wreck myself with otherworldly curses for my nature!
But I do not think this winter will ever return.
Offering and willing to wreck myself with otherworldly curses for my nature!
But I do not think this winter will ever return.
No comments:
Post a Comment