Thursday, 29 November 2012

Possible beginning for story

 

The light fades as the moon seems to shrink into the shadows; the lustrous orb is shrouded by the streaming overcasts, eaten by the carnivorous vapours – residue of a blood-red haze – reminiscent of the day’s dying sun. I feel a creature’s presence long before I hear its movement deep in the undergrowth. It has disguised itself within the thickness of foliage, and there it waits – not completely patiently for I can feel the bated breath of the beast’s great anticipation – it waits here for me. 

The hairs on my spine prickle and my skin seems to shrink against my bones, contracting flesh pressing against my quivering limbs. Fear has already set in, much sooner than I wanted it to. I knew it would happen though, there is no escape from this…I had only hoped that I did not realise this so quickly.

Can I run? I doubt it – it would be a foolish option, yet it is the most natural and most desperate urge I have right now. For I cannot fight the creature, there is no illusion there as its strength completely exceeds my own. My body begins to trembling all over, I do not wish to be afraid but I cannot help that. The stalking demon has led me here somehow, traced my course and sought me out to – to do the unspeakable. The creature is plain and clear to me, I know of this beast. Small in stature and choking on a child’s terror I barely stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment