The red river swallowed their dreams.
Their dreams of lives with light
And a place the midnight bearers couldn't touch.
A place where day was night.
But glorious moon that rose
Was the new silver sunrise
And the creatures that lurked in shadows
Came as a sickening surprise.
The ghosts of forgotten people
Knew not of this wrongful change
And crept from the grave as the stars did shine
Along the empty range.
And the nights that were the day
And the days that were the night
Came not as dreams but nightmares.
And the Dreamers felt this was spite.
Now their beautiful artist world
Would be destroyed by bad luck,
The only thing they could be felt,
But regret was not enough.
Their once so magical ideas
Were now ripped to shreds
And the only thing left from the mess
Were the spirits of the dead.
But regret was not enough.
Their once so magical ideas
Were now ripped to shreds
And the only thing left from the mess
Were the spirits of the dead.
Gentle Collapse
The pattering of the heartbeat – the endless sound.
My words are stolen by icy looks, my heart falls down.
Wrecked by the sight of the sun’s destruction –
Watching the meaningless rupture.
Holding out for some hope that inevitably dies,
I never forgot those stricken eyes.
So empty on the inside,
Deep inside, burning far down.
Feeling lost, in the cavern, in
the world;
Left alone and screaming for
voices to reply.
I need to escape, clamber out of
this hole,
Deep in my soul, engraved.
I don’t know why your words
should mean so much,
Why should it collide with my
thoughts?
Drag me now, under the water,
the pain I feel.
The pain when I know, I’ll never
be like you.
So overwhelmed, so completely
trapped -
So completely conceited and
abandoned;
Left by myself, I left myself.
Hated for everything, loved for
nothing –
I hate the fact you are so
wrong!
You have not a clue but who am I
to say these words?
Blood burns, my body is aflame;
Sickly acid cascades through my
veins.
But I can’t breathe, I can’t
hear.
I don’t want this, never leave
me.
I can’t believe the pain, I
can’t believe the judgement.
Nothing feels the safe.
Tension rips the fabric of my mind,
The delicate stitching pulled taut.
I gain nothing from the experience,
I continue to bleed all my
mistakes.
And as always the light shines on –
Taunting me with its glorious
promise;
The radiance it has to offer yet never
gives,
It holds a sweet gift away from me
Letting me continue to fall away.
And the passion that destroys the
logic
Never releases my power to breathe.
I claim nothing from the
experience,
I continue to cling to all my
comforts.
And the world paints its picture
before me,
I lie in tranquil; insignificant
and alive.
The weight of the trauma rests –
Punished and praying deep within,
Trapping me between fear and sin.
Memory and Future
Dying at the hands of the master
within,
Pain burning so deeply, heart is
seeping.
Breath is short, I force this
agony.
Take it apart, pull the bones to
ruin.
I gain nothing from your empty
words
And loathe every moment inside my
skin.
The smallest signs filter past my
mind,
The watchful eyes fail to see the
distinction.
Holding out for some desperate ray
of consolation –
Its resolution bleeds, these
thoughts I need.
Sleepless and swelling, fears
spread.
Carcasses piled at the foot of the
bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment