Mountains and Ice
The lights around me seem to fail. My footsteps falter. The glacial landscape consumes my resilience,
And I can no longer bear the emptiness of the silence. My heart cannot bear to hear words uttered
Into the wind like the singing of heartbroken sirens. I linger, my thoughts dwell on your crying eyes.
The sorrow, the pity I never truly saw you possess. But your face could paint any emotion, perceive
Any façade. I slipped in and out of your disguise; you let me inside once so long ago. You held my
Hope inside your thin veiled hand. Do I still continue to be deceived even now my fears are
Realised? I believe my mind is far beyond your reach – your eyes cannot see into my soul anymore.
I needed to escape from you, the pain was killing me. The night closes around me. The icy fingers
Clutch at my throat and fill my wounds. I cannot feel my flesh anymore, feeling separate from it.
Maybe I will let myself go into this midnight. Release my body and give up my spirit, for the wind
That whispers speaks more than sad words as it tries to pull everything away from me. And now only
When I feel my strength leaving me do I feel your presence…The softness of your embrace, the light
That you breathe into the dead night. The radiance and the sudden agony. The cascade of the world
Falling away from me – and your kiss upon my frozen cheek. Your heart never leaves mine long after
I leave your memory behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment