Escaping the hands that take us down,
Running from the punishment dealt.
The life I claim they try to steal -
Torn from my grasp and melt.
Clawing at the cliff face, my spirit remained
Sweat creased my skin, my mind in pain.
I never knew my blood ran so cold,
I never felt so used and old.
Darkness devours.
My vision fades.
The horizon is far from solace.
These words evade.
Wrenched from my only succour
By the demons that consumed our strength.
Inside the chasm, courage failed me
As I clawed at the rope's length.
The stitches that held my lungs in place,
Took apart and destroyed my grace.
I felt the crush of the muscles’ collapse,
My world gained nothing and will relapse.
Darkness devours.
My vision fades.
The horizon is far from solace.
These words evade.
I never knew my blood ran so cold,
I never felt so used and old.
I never knew my blood ran so cold,
I never felt so alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment