Friday, 7 February 2025

Just A Woman

I am human, just like a man.

 

But your norms perceive all the things that i am

Build of clay, vision deadpan. 

But am I below your standards due to sum of my parts?  

I see how you view me before the conversation starts. 


Something to be cherished, like a special prize

But one that is beholden to your tricks and your lies.

Those ones you use to flirt and shame

You make me vulnerable, to play your game. 

You don't see how you relentlessly force your way through 

Those defenses constructed to protect me from you. 

Even your nice friends do the same tricks and manoeuvres  

To tease with banter and make you approve us. 

It's all a guise to bend us to your will and whim

Because this is all it's ever been, you have to win.

To conquer, to beat, to succeed and score.

Not a real person, just a hole and whore. 

Maybe you feel something like affection or care,

But not enough to see I'm actually still here. 

Not just a woman, a thing that's pretty and complex

We are just like you, and we too want sex.

But men you are not just things to devour and to use

Like those elusive females and ones you accuse. 

We are not body parts simultaneously arranged around a perfumed centre.

We have thoughts and are independent of your perceived agenda. 

Not alien, beast or creature to worship or destroy, 

A real life commodity and just a soft skinned toy. 

Can you see nothing underneath this physical facade? 

A soul of value and with emotions you discard. 

Because we are not real people, not like you males 

We are a different species and no beauty prevails,

You won't be fooled and you'll see straight through,

I am nothing more than a woman to you. 


. 




No comments:

Post a Comment