Thursday, 11 July 2013

Disregarded

 Disregarded

I watch as the world melts before me.

The rushing river holds my sense underneath,

Drowning yet still trying to understand your words.

I remember very little of what you said, but eyes

Spoke what you could not.

The looks that broke my heart, took my hope;

The silence after the speech, the frozen moment.

I stand surrounded, I cannot escape.

No sweet relief for all heads seem turned to me.

I tremble but not from wretched fear.

My body shakes with anger; the light of my fury,

The depth of my despair, the endless road ahead –

A path with no return and no tributaries to lead me away.

Heart hammering, thoughts scattering –

The pride I have failing and the emptiness clouding my mind.

I begin to leave, those eyes on me and voices speaking.

I hear nothing but distorted noise.

My body tells me to run, my mind holds out for some dream.

But my conscience falls away to pain, the forgotten note within.

These chains I struggle to break; the ones that you tied me to –

I shall run until those noises leave me,

Go where my heart forbade me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment