BROKEN STATUES
Patterns of shifting sorrow;
The world’s empty casket, a flawless memory
Yet it contains no token.
It holds my mind, you held my body,
It fell apart, it crumbled within you,
I shattered in your embrace.
The decay of the ruins that built my frame
Surrender as the foundations fail.
The walls wail with the burden of the weight,
The load of agony carried.
The pregnant swelling that failed to conceive,
The overbearing infection that harboured all the disease
Reduced me to a lifeless being; empty and silent.
I cannot explain; my mind has turned from it all.
I ignored all the signs, my heart gave up integrity
With every lie, I paint a life free of shackles.
I see a world separate from pain, in the ravels of a dream,
The threads of the mind twist to trap the animal within.
I feel no more reality,
Senses depleted, hope deserted.
No comments:
Post a Comment