My hands felt the thick coarse material,
It writhed like a snake recoiling in agony.
And I fancied myself seeing my own reflection -
In the window of your eyes.
The air was hard to breathe in, an invisible veil,
And my heart would not stop its thundering,
As if it would fight my approaching choice -
At least for now, it protested.
I felt the vial in my hand, fingers curled;
The strong violent perfume filling my sinuses.
The very thought of escape, right on the tip of my tongue -
The promise of silence, only a world away.
And all too soon so many of them crowded within my mind,
I pleaded for those cursed memories to burn away.
I bitterly cried as I felt her soft touch from beyond the grave,
And I simply crumbled to the floor, for I could do no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment