Thursday, 11 May 2017

Did I Die or was it just a Dream? (unfinished)

Her fingertips kept a brand on my skin, I was property of her touch.
Left scalded but abandoned due to my own sinful ways.
And my own heart withered within as I attempted to regrow my organs.
Her lingering trace seemed to leave the entire world tainted -
Smeared with the shit it had so willing accepted and become.

Even the footprints had left a pattern behind in the watery remains,
The haunting winter-land decorated with jagged stone and bone.
I felt the breath trapped in my throat, the frozen sound in my lungs,
Blood swilling around my brain!
Choking to death on the living truth, and retching a desperate grief.

Soon I could not feel my own fingertips, the flesh seemed to fade away
And black knuckles split even more as I clenched and reached out -
Grasping for anything that felt real in this eternal prison;
The way the world had become, and the way the lies buried deeper.
I could not take a breath in this frozen hell.

And her ghost created threads of patterns, beckoning and expecting me to follow;
The radiant golden light stretched further than my vision could see.
My body felt cold, my heart still colder - the core destroyed within.
Lost in tangles of my mind, unsure where life ends and death begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment