'This place looks like a crack den.' I eyed the building grimacing, 'Where even are we?'
'One of my favourite places. It might not look like much on the outside but there is delight within.' Serena flashed a winning smile and pushed open the painted black door. I hesitated on the threshold but Serena shot ahead of me, only stopping to tug at her outfit and comb her hair with her fingers. She turned around to face me and looked me up and down.
'I will have to pretend you are my ward. You literally look like a cancer patient.' I raised my eyebrows.
'Oh you know what I mean. And how it is so easily fixed.'
'Right, well thank you for that advice. Very helpful. I am so glad I came along for this.'
'Oh come on Make- A- Wish!' Serena seized the collar of my clothing and, grimacing, I was pulled along the narrow corridor.
I was led straight down into a backroom, away from the hubbub of chatter and clinking glasses from surrounding rooms, through a purple drape into a scene of utter debauchery - clearly, an orgy was taking place. Shock overthrew me as Serena grinned widely. I felt her heartbeat quicken and the hairs stand up on her bare arms, yet I felt abominably sick. I saw sights of couples and even groups of humans fornicating in various ways. The sounds, the heat, and the sweat of the room became unbearable and I withdrew in on myself, gripping my elbows tightly. One particular young woman, barely clothed, eyed me seductively. I blushed as much as was possible under my vampiric complexion, feeling mortification rising. I did my best to keep my temper.
'Why did you think to bring me here?' I tried to steady my voice and keep my tone low. 'I thought you might enjoy yourself.' Serena replied brightly. A muscle jumped on my cheek as I tried to block out all that surrounded us. 'Why would you think I would want to watch humans fucking? This is your scene, not mine, your sick fetish.' I couldn't help but raise my voice but no one around us noticed.
'Carlo, it is just sex. it's no crime.' Serena looked genuinely surprised at my reaction which I found confusing. I loathed how close we were to the mortals and it hardly mattered the youth and attractiveness of the participants, every second made my skin crawl. 'Don't worry, it'll turn into a massacre soon.' She whispered in my ear. I gawped at her. She was so reckless and ridiculously short-sighted that I just couldn't fathom it, and just as she said this the young woman approached me and touched my arm. I resisted the urge not to tear it from her socket but my blazing eyes sent her backing away, her face a mask of fear.
'Calm down,' Serena soothed, stroking my arm but I flinched away.
'This was a mistake, I regret going anywhere with you.' I spat at her and charged from the room, batting the thick curtain out my way as I stormed towards the entrance door. I heard Serena's heeled boots right behind me as she hurried to catch up with me. 'Look I'm sorry, it was thoughtless.' She stood in my way blocking the exit. 'Please stay, we can just stay in the bar until it closes and feed then.' She was pleading, sincerity in her voice as she reached up to caress my hair gently, 'I just thought since we had such fun recently that...' I grasped her hand to stop her. 'That is where you are wrong,' I snarled, her eyes widening. ' Carlo, you're hurting me.'
'You think you can control me with your seductive ways and ridiculous façade of family bonding. You pour blood and I will simply lap it up?" Her features crumpled with distress as I crushed her fingers in my fist.
'We are no longer children. There is no past we can rekindle. And we are not the same.' I glared as my voice shook with rage. I shoved her aside as I released her, and saw her bruised hand but hardly cared. With my back to her, I heard her voice low and menacing, 'Get away then, brother. And exist forever in your isolation.' I didn't bother turning and I left without a word.
Out in the carpark, I took the first vehicle I came across - smoothly breaking in and hot-wiring. I definitely didn't have the strength to take myself anywhere so I used the next best thing and sped out of the place as fast as I could. I shook involuntarily as I flew down the winding roads, sheer exhaustion raked through every part of me. Anger boiled violently within me, so much so I could hear the creaking of my jaw as I ground my teeth hard, but there was also a terrible and crushing sadness washing over me. My eyes stung painfully and my vision blurred making it difficult to concentrate on driving. But still, I pressed down on the accelerator, and the night streamed by.
Thoughts and memories flashed up as my mind raced - obscure elements of humiliation, mortals merging together with their vile pulsating bodies, and the clarified devastating remains of the relationship with my only sister. To my distress, I felt tears falling freely. Hot trails rolled down my cheeks while some fell directly into my lap. I pushed my foot down to the floor. And finally, within that awful recess in my head, I thought of the one who resided in my deepest desires. The vast separation from her and everything else was staggering, insurmountable, and so miserably lonely that I felt, if it were possible, that my heart would break.
Now, so lost in my head, I didn't notice impending danger until it was too late. And slamming on the brakes did nothing. The impact was a head-on collision causing both cars to spin and veer off in opposite directions. The force was so strong, and I was not at all restrained, that it caused me to be thrown from the vehicle. My car collided with the highway barriers and flipped, and I hit the tarmac heavily and rolled a good thirty feet. I only managed to stop myself by clawing at the road surface, digging my hands in and ripping up the concrete as I skidded to a halt.
I lay on my front motionless for a few moments, listening to my panting, my sense alight - the smell of burning rubber filled my nostrils, the acrid taste of fuel from the seeping gas tanks, and the lights of my ride flashing in the dark from where it lay on its roof on the other side of the battered metal fence. The other vehicle was upright but the front was completely crumbled. I could feel the vibration of the still-running engine as I spread my palms down on the hot ground. In my weakened state, I realised my fingertips were shredded and bloody. I swore violently under my breath. Then I noticed near the road markings the mortal opposition lay - it must have been neglecting the seatbelt too. I didn't need to get close to know its body was utterly broken. It lay on its back, eagle spread, save for the contorted lower limbs, arms unnaturally thrown back as if ready to take flight. The overpowering stench of bodily fluids was so strong it nearly overtook the fumes. I got to my feet slowly, wavering slightly, still dumbstruck with shock. Then, feeling there was no real danger and compelled to do so, I stumbled toward the human. Debris clung to what remained of my clothing - the entire shoulder of my jacket had been ripped off and both the back of my outer layer and shirt were in ribbons. My trousers were also in tatters as I approached the body, my knees nearly knocking as that urging feeling rose ever always in their presence.
In the moonlight, it lay in a pool of blackness. Twisted bone and torn flesh, a tragic waste of an anatomical structure. And although I stood composed over it, my breath came out like a whirlwind, eyes fixated on the spreading tributaries of blood. It was dying. Not even aware of its surroundings, just a failing heartbeat, a mess of electromagnetic pulses within a scrambled brain. I knelt with a steadying hand while the other reached over and touched the warm liquid surrounding the body. The feel of it was incredible, like a second skin it gloved my fingertips in red. It had been a while since I had experienced such a huge quantity before me and the smell drew me in like a powerful love. Hypotyised, I allowed it to trickle down my fingers, over my palms and wrists before I ardently licked at my flesh with a long forceful motion. After that, I could not stop myself. I leant over tasting it, feeding, barely needing to use my teeth as the veins were mostly open. I lapped and sucked at the wounds with a frenetic pace, feeling the mortal only quiver slightly as the last ounces of life faded.
My soaked hands were now renewed and my extremities thrummed with energy. Then a sound startled me and cause me to freeze all activity. There was another one. Shit. It was female judging by what I could see of the features but these too were stained from an oozing gash. Her face was like a pale light through the smashed-up window, and somehow she managed to tumble through the gap and fall in a heap on the floor. I heard the glass crunch beneath her but it was the pounding of her heartbeat that was louder than anything else. Her dark hair was plastered to her forehead and thin hands trembled as she struggled to her knees, leaning against the wreckage, so desperately clinging to whatever strength remained in her fragile form. I felt sickness overcome me as I gazed at her, the fresh blood now tasting of bile. She spoke a name, her voice sounded like the mew of a kitten against the predatory atmosphere around her. Then her eyes fell on the expired being - I heard her let out a sob cry, expression screwed up with anguish. But then she saw me, and I saw her utter terror. Her fear was so raw it engulfed me, enlivening the beast that had been long dormant. I tried furiously to hold back but internally I was driven wild. Don't run. Please don't run.
I saw her break her trance and she looked animalistic. The impulse simply became too great and when she turned to flee from me I went after her. She helplessly floundered away from the monster in the dark and I easily pursued her, catching her and knocking her to the ground. I heard the snap of bone as we both landed with her beneath me. My breathing was so rapid now that I could hardly hear her screaming, but she continued to do so, even as I tore into her, the sounds seeming to excel and becoming like music to me in my mania. I was savage, frenzied and making a complete mess. Sating a hunger after so many nights of starvation. Finally, after what seemed an age, her noises ceased and her body flopped down. I stood up and let her fall from my arms. I was dizzy, half delirious - euphoria pulsing through every inch of me as her blood filled my veins and her life flooded my system. I drew in gasp after gasp of night air.
I felt my skin revitalise, my hair growing thick and dark again, scars fading and skin flushing - my beauty returning. Having abstained from my true nature for so long I had forgotten how good it all felt. The mending of my body and the exhilaration of my mind as my fears and anguish quietened; quenched and spilling not only sustained. I let out sighs and soft moans as I made my way up the road, staggering almost drunkenly, truly feeling everything at once as if for the first time. I then felt the compulsion to change. I allowed myself to stretch out as I reached my arms to the sky, my limbs throbbing, wings extending and my body morphing. I threw my head back and let out a roaring cry as ecstasy hit. Then I left the scene, leaving my chaos, and made my way deep into the dark.
I knew I could seduce her, bend her to my will. And she would comply and desire me more than anything else. My powers were returning and heady assurity consuming me. My lust and needs growing - I would visit her and entice her to be joined with me. She would give up her veins if I asked. But I did not want that; my mind span with images of our union. I wanted her drenched in crimson with me, giving her some of that strength and pleasure. Filling her body and her love filling mine.
Somehow I never made it to her. I awoke some time later in my own room. Sheets soaked with blood, a lot more than I had envisioned. I was still shivering with intensity as I rose to my feet. I stepped out of my ruined clothing and got into the shower and as I washed the dried blood from my scalp I felt the wave of energy again. The red ran over my face once more, making me relive the moments. I rested my back against the tiles as the pleasure rushed through again. Moans escaped my lips which tingled as the scar tissue continued to knot together. I could not recall much of what had happened. My delirious mind was hazy with details. Who knows what I had done?
No comments:
Post a Comment