Sunday, 28 August 2022

Love's Territory

 Love's Territory   

 

I cannot go any further.   Please do not ask me.   The feel of this place, the scent, that unyielding smell on my senses. 

It torments me greater than the perfumes of death and blood.

It's unreal taste in the air, it's cruel restriction from me.

Something I can never have! A trauma to my mind, a blinding thought that kills my conscious logic. 

I cannot stand here, I must leave. Or else I will be damned and fall down on my knees. 

To see that vision, one that may leave me sightless. Such purity, adorning clarity!

The softest, the radiance that glimmers brighter than the great orb of the moon!

The lake that is near and, in my dreams, cannot hope to hold a candle to that splendour - it is only the framing, the backdrop of the ultimate glory, only an accessory to the complete overwhelming beauty!

I cannot - these dark-stained eyes cannot bear the sight. I must turn away should my broken heart die within me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment