That girl, the one who hides in the darkness away from the spectators and accursed eyes -
She hides, she hides! Just like me, she hides.
And in the blackest sheet, her beauty does shine, I cannot contain! I see it through the pitch of night,
The most radiant spectacle and painted doll but no mortician has dressed up her form -
Her beauty is her own, oh her pure ivory face is her own!
And with all the purple omens that surround the sky, I would cry out in fear, for the fear of a dream,
That this sight may be but an illusion.
But she does not waver; her body reclines on the water's edge, but she is no work of art!
A piece of corruption and juxtaposition - how beauty and terror can be so skilfully combined -
See how she grieves! How the tears of rejection do sting her and stain her face.
Those jewels glitter on a pale corpse's facade, no betrayal of a ruddy complexion for no overflow of elixir does show -
No! No thickness of veins or blotted roots betrays her to me.
No sight of that wretched, combining, unignorable desire,
And no scent of the foul repugnant poison.
The creature that does weep and gleams with the startling ambience of one similar to my own, halts me in my stride.
Overwhelmed, I feel a strike to my very heart!
Struck down with blurred vision and weakness in my bones,
How is it that I am restricted so? Held back from my need that is completely concealed from my sight-
Oh glorious radiance that marks this moment, I implore a change or a suggestion,
A reason or an explanation to why such a maiden should freeze my mind to its senses!
Watching the moonlight lap up her presence as if she controls the lunar power within her sorrow,
I vainly wish for no more tomorrow, long for this scene to capture every element and feature as it stands!
No deviation, no division from this lovely maiden of complete and utter perplexity, in her beauty and her grief.
So alike and so confused, alone and so awfully crying over the masters and those accursed lives -
She cries, she cries! Just like me, she cries!
And would you bleed in the essence of my presence, do you notice a faint sound and utter? - I whisper,
I choke and splutter on words that speak of a connection that my mind can neither understand nor control.
Oh, flee from this place if you should not wish to see the ending! -
For the complete and terrible fear that I shall come undone when the spell is broken!
Do not give me a moment's chance to inflict my sin and darkest deed,
And yet, a sign in my sighing tells me I will retain my strength and contain it within.
Only these eyes can gaze on the moonlight's maiden as she bathes in its silvery touch
But the blackness of her hair seems to swallow all of its light, the wings of a raven, the abyss that beckons -
The sight that seems to leave me blind! - But I see that she does fade from her lies, the deceit that hides her inside.
Released from the protection of others, banished from her social grace and any glory -
Aside from herself, she dies! She dies!
But in the night that covers all in shadows and that holds us tight,
Watching scout and weeping life,
We hide, both of us hide.
No comments:
Post a Comment